Losing weight within 10 days is not a difficult goal but how to actually lose weight and not just a few pounds. The following article will guide you “How to lose weight?” in 10 days through the steps, from calorie intake, exercise, to “fooling” the brain to wanting to eat less within the next 240 hours. Let’s start!
Part 1: Plan for 10 days
1. Determine the target. How much do you want to lose weight? 1.5 kg? Or 5 kg? Weight loss should be reduced to 0.5-1 kg per week, but in the first week, you can lose more (mainly because of water). However, instead of setting a big goal, you should determine how much you want to reduce over the next 240 hours.
For example, you want to lose 2.5 kilograms in the next 10 days, ie 0.5 kilograms every two days. Each 0.5 kg is equivalent to 3500 calories, meaning you need 1750 calories a day. From this example, you can calculate your own goals.
2. Determining needs. Still with the example you want to lose 2.5 kilograms in 10 days. You need to reduce 1750 calories to reduce 0.25 kg per day. This goal sounds impossible, but you can make it feasible by:
- Read the article on how to calculate the amount of calories to be loaded to lose weight on the wikiHow page. This article will help you calculate BMR and calorie intake per day.
- Once you calculate the calories you can eat per day, you subtract 1750 calories. That’s the amount of calories you need to put in. One thing is clear that the more exercise you eat, the more calories you can burn.
3. Record your food diary. If you really want to lose weight, you need to prepare a notebook or download a food diary application. When you know what you are eating, you can follow the process and easily find out what’s wrong. In addition, there are many interesting applications that help motivate you.
In the food diary, you will calculate and monitor calories. If you take careful notes daily, you can adjust a bit the next day, or vice versa.
4. Determine your workout plan. Choose a workout plan that you can maintain into a routine. Do you find exercise in the morning, before going to work will be easier? Or can not you stay up early every morning? Take a look at the schedule for the next 10 days to pick out the specific time that you can exercise and try to maintain.
Try to exercise almost every day. One hour is best, but 30 minutes is okay. You can split into multiple sessions each day. If “no time”, you have to manually arrange. Even if you only want to lose weight in 10 days, it will not affect you if you practice a healthy habit to maintain later.
5. Throw away “junk food” in your home. Did you have a plan and motivated? Then the next step is to adjust yourself to success. It sounds grim and expensive but you need to go to the kitchen right away and throw away all the unhealthy foods, not needed packaged food. If you really want to lose weight in 10 days, you need to sacrifice a bit. This is the only way to avoid temptation.
Of course, it is easier to say than to do. And also your family will be surprised. At this point, you need to come up with an agreement: Ask family members to hide food where you can not find and do not tell you.
Part 2: Change your lifestyle for 10 days
1. Know how to eat. Speak directly to the focus. You only have 10 days so now you need to know how to eat. Do you think that eating habits are true for years? Completely wrong! Moms do not have the mind to lose weight when teaching you how to eat. So now you need to change it by:
- Eat regularly. Not six small meals a day as you often hear. Instead, you need to eat 3 moderate meals and 2 snacks. When you eat six small meals a day, your body will continuously produce insulin and stop you from ever feeling really full. So, you need to eat 3 main meals just combine 2 more snacks to actually eat less.
- Eat slowly. Chew hard. Place the spatula, the chopsticks down after each meal. Because if you eat too fast, your body will not be able to signal that you are full. You have to give the body time to know what it is receiving.
- Eat in small bowls. This is an optical illusion. In front of you is something that the brain also has the idea of eating. So, you should eat in small plates to reduce the amount of food loaded into the body.
- Do not work while eating. Working while eating will make the mind unaware that it is time to eat. So sit down, focus and think about the texture, taste of the dish. Then start the day busy with other work.
- Blue is the inhibitor of appetite. You should use a small blue disc, use a blue tablecloth and if possible, wear blue. Have you ever wondered if there are no restaurants in blue?
2. Think about the calorie cycle. Recent research has found that having an extra day of caloric intake can actually help you lose more weight. That sounds strange? The reason is that when you restrict calorie intake, the metabolism slows down and the body has to stick to self-sustaining nutrients to sustain life. Eating a lot of calories a day will bring a new breath to the body, helping the body relax and release some fat stores, and help metabolism take place faster. So, for 10 days of losing weight, you can eat a little more in 1-2 days.
Another variation of the calorie cycle is the carbohydrate cycle. If you’re eating mostly vegetables, non-starchy and non-protein (not a lot of carbohydrates), you can spend one day eating carbohydrates. The body likes to burn more carbohydrates than to burn fat or protein, so increasing carbohydrate in the diet also has the same effect as increasing calories, which boosts metabolism in the body and helps weight loss.
3. Reduce stress. Another factor to consider is the level of stress. High stress level means high levels of cortisol, which makes you want to eat more. When stressed, you will want to eat due to emotional changes, less sleep and less mind consciousness. So, you need to relax to support the weight loss process.
Where to start? Meditation and yoga are good ways to relieve stress. Yoga also burns calories. Or you can spend 15 minutes each day to sit down and calm down. Give yourself some time to “own” after a long day tired.
4. Sleep. Science shows that people who sleep more will be less weight. Be more specific when you are feeling well, your body will function normally and you have less time to eat. You should try to sleep about 8 hours to be more healthy.
Sleep related hormones are leptin and ghrelin. When these two levels of hormone breakdown, they will make you hungry when really tired. Worse yet, when you are sleepy, you usually like to eat sweet and fast food for dinner, even quit exercise because you are tired. Therefore, lack of sleep greatly affects weight loss.
5. Consider fast dieting carefully. If you spend 10 days drinking nothing but lemon juice and spices, you will lose a lot of weight. However, then you will find horrible and weight increase again when you eat as usual. This negatively affects the metabolism and is not a long-term solution. However, if you need to lose weight, you may need to be careful.
Part 3: Change the diet for 10 days
1. Remember this one: water. Water is the closest thing to help you lose weight. Drinking plenty of water will help you to feel more wonderful. Here are some good reasons to bring your own bottle of water:
- Water helps you feel full. The more you drink, the less you eat.
- If you drink more water while you eat, the less you will want to eat.
- Water helps to eliminate toxins from the body and makes you want to urinate often.
- Drink plenty of water beneficial for your skin and hair.
- Drinking water helps rehydrate and help muscles, internal organs are healthy.
2. Strengthen green vegetables. If you want to lose weight fast, the simplest way is to increase the green vegetables. All vegetables are “good” but green vegetables are definitely better. Green vegetables are considered “very nutritious” foods because they contain very little calories, help you fast and full of vitamins and minerals.
Any green leafy vegetables are good. For example, spinach, rainbow broccoli, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, lettuce,… and even Brussels sprouts. You can eat lots of green leafy vegetables without worrying about getting too many calories.
3. Stop eating white foods. Yes, it is not red food but white food. White foods can be refined or processed carbohydrates, with no added nutrients and fiber. You should limit or stop consuming white rice, white bread and even white starchy potatoes within 10 days.
Remember that your body needs carbon-hydrates. Complex and unrefined carbohydrates are found in vegetables, whole grains and these foods are good for the body. You just need to avoid processed carbohydrates and lots of sugar.
Atkins diet (no carbohydrates). This diet can be effective if you want to lose weight in 10 days. It’s almost like fast food and you can try it in 10 days. Although effective, when you stop, be ready to “clear the consequences” that this diet leaves. Apply a non-carbohydrate diet if possible but be aware of long-term consequences.
4. Choose low fat protein. The diet should contain at least 10% protein. If you want to lose weight, increase your protein intake as much as possible. Protein helps build muscle and help you stay longer, thereby supporting weight loss. Enhance eating white meat, fish, soy products and beans.
Today’s trend is that high protein diets account for up to 30%. Research shows that high protein diets combined with exercise can help reduce blood fat. Protein is also known for its ability to reduce insulin uptake, thereby easing the hunger.
5. Know what fat is good for health. The body needs fat so you should not cut it completely but focus on good fats, ie unsaturated fats. Good fats are found in avocados, olive oil, nuts, fatty fish such as salmon, low-fat dairy products. In fact, boosting good fat in the diet (in moderation) can help lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
Our diet should contain at least 10% fat. About 25% is good and normal but only 7% is from saturated fat. Saturated fats are found in red meat, high-fat dairy products, poultry skin and eggs.
Even so, eggs are a good source of protein, so you can eat one every day. Similarly, avocados are also richer in fat than proteins. You just have to make sure you do not eat too much.
6. Limit Natri intake. Natri not only causes blood vessels to constrict, making it harder for the heart to pump blood, but also to clog the water, increasing the size of the waist. So, reducing Natri intake is good for cardiovascular health, just to reduce the size of your waist.
A teaspoon of salt contains 2300mg of Natri. The body needs only 200mg a day but this is not possible. Therefore, the recommended amount of salt is 1500mg and not more than 2300mg per day.
7. Do not eat at night. This is more psychological than science: people tend to eat more bad food in the evening. You have to promise yourself not to eat when it is over 8pm. When you are hungry at night, try drinking a glass of water. It sounds difficult to make but worth trying and you will notice a significant decrease in weight.
This is probably the hardest thing to do. It is hard to deny friends’ meetings at night and sip a few glasses of wine, some of the cake. If so, think that even if you can walk away, if you only have to stand for 10 days then you can do it, right?
Part 4: Change the exercise regime for 10 days
1. Strengthening cardio exercises and weight lifting: In fact, cardio burns faster than weight lifting weights. However, combining these two helps burn more calories. Nothing is good for the body by practicing all muscle groups with a variety of exercises, including cardio and weight lifting. So, you should spend time on both of these exercises.
In 10 days, you should practice Cardio more than every day. On the other hand, lifting weights should not be practiced daily. If you want to lift the weights daily, you need to ensure weight lifting targets for different muscle groups because the body needs a day to recover from exercise.
2. Take advantage of small opportunities. Getting to the gym every day is a really good habit but not everyone can maintain it. To optimize your weight loss results for 10 days, you need to take advantage of the small opportunities that your body has to offer. Even playing spinning Fidget also lose weight.
“Small opportunity” means you can dance when you wash dishes, practice yoga while watching TV, watch Plank watching commercials, clean rooms instead of Facebook, scrub floors or wash your car by hand, walk instead of lifts, parking lots and other small opportunities.
3. Try interruptions. Cardio is good, but recent scientific studies have shown that interruptions are even better. Interrupt work takes less time and is more convenient. Instead of walking for 30 minutes, you can run 30 seconds between breaks for 15-20 minutes. Why? Because it burns more calories, it boosts the heart rate and brings about calorie burning.
Exercise can be interrupted with anything, not just the treadmill. As long as you alternate between high intensity and non-over-intensity training,
Are you wondering what is the effect after burning calories? This effect is called high oxygen consumption after exercise. When operating at unstable speeds, the body takes the next day to rebuild oxygen. Thus, you can burn calories even if you do not exercise.
4. Change. Each of us is familiar and quick to feel bored (the body is bored, the mind is bored or both). When depressed, the body burns less calories because you do not push yourself to the limit. At this point, you should try adjusting the exercise time, intensity of the exercise or changing to a whole new activity to create both physical and mental excitement.
Enhance the fun activities of the day to maintain motivation. Instead of going to the gym, you can join Kick-boxing, swimming or climbing. Add some friends to play basketball, table tennis or volleyball. In this way, you can burn calories without knowing it.
Yoga can be a fun alternative to the old exercises. Yoga also helps to eliminate salt – the cause of bloating – out of the body. Just remember to compensate for lost water by drinking water or green tea.
5. Know when you are the best. Fitness coaches may advise you to lift the weights before practicing cardio. People who want to lose weight may recommend cardio. Or someone will advise you to do Cardio when hungry in the morning. So, you need to determine when you are in the best shape. When you can force yourself to the limit, when you feel energetic, do it even when it’s at midnight or at a snack.
Experiment: You may hate running because you only ever try to run after hours. Then you know that running before work will be better and create energy for the day. In 10 days, you should try all to find out the habits that you can maintain for a long time.
- Pack a light meal for dinner for the next day, especially if you have to go to work. As such, you will have snacks available and not eat out of the norm.
- First, you need to be prepared for the challenge of losing weight and do not give up, unless weight loss affects your health.
- If someone says you are fat, ignore it and keep going.
- Do not give up on any diet or exercise because you will gain weight instead of losing weight.
Avoid a hunger strike because a hunger strike will cause your body and metabolism to stop working. When you eat again, weight will increase.