How do I get strengthen my forearms?
Had wrist surgeries on each of my wrists 2 years ago. My wrists are still weak as well as my forearms. I’ve also heard that string forearms help my golf, and that’s really why I want to get stronger forearms. Any suggestions?(don’t tell me jacking off. Trust me, I’ve tried)
1. Start out by placing two dumbbells on one side of a flat bench.
2. Kneel down on both of your knees so that your body is facing the flat bench.
3. Use your arms to grab both of the dumbbells with a supinated grip (palms up) and bring them up so that your forearms are resting against the flat bench. Your wrists should be hanging over the edge.
4. Start out by curling your wrist upwards and exhaling.
5. Slowly lower your wrists back down to the starting position while inhaling. Make sure to inhale during this part of the exercise.
6. Your forearms should be stationary as your wrist is the only movement needed to perform this exercise.
7. Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
This exercise can also be performed sitting down by using your thighs as a resting position for your forearms. Your wrist can hang over your knees and the same movements as mentioned above can be performed. You can also use a barbell instead of a dumbbell.
Presets are tricky to build up compared to other muscles, but it can be done. Try hammer curls, that’s basically where you hold a dumbell vertically in each hand, don’t move the top of your arm, but using your bicep and forearm, contract and pull the weight straight up (keeping it vertical) and towards your shoulder, then bring it back down slowly (don’t drop it down, control it) and alternate to the other arm.
Yeah basically, you’re hammering, or jacking off a ghost who’s laying down, but hammer curls do work and if my description is crap then just google “hammer curl” because that is one of the few exercises that will build up your fore arms, just don’t be tempted to swing it or you’ll damage yourself, and start light till you understand the technique.
You should only be ale to do no more than 20 on each arm before you need to rest. You can then go heavier and you should be able to do at least 8, otherwise it’s too heavy.